Thursday, October 04, 2007

Libraries without walls?

My interest in the field of librarianiship is to create a library without walls. Without walls? I am not sure if this is a good concept. You know, I am only becoming a librarian now.

My mental picture of a library without walls is one that can be accessed anywhere on planet earth. Digital Libraries, yes!

Sometimes librarians are not just confident about so many skills they possess. In Malawi for instance, there is not one digital library. Well I am not sure? There might be some but I don't know any.

I also have not heard of an institutional repository. Anyway, there might be some and I guess they are not open access.

I also think, and am sure, information is good for national development. Therefore, we need to share information.

The way to go is OPEN ACCESS REPOSITORIES

No comments: